Friday, August 10, 2007

How I spent my summer vacation

During the school year, I'm thrilled if I have a clean table cloth on the dining table. Now that I find I have leisure again, I'm drawn to more creative domesticity. I have been buying one bunch of various flowers and breaking it into mini bouquets & arranging them around my house. This activity feels a million miles from research papers and practicum reflections.





Susan & Martin gave me this orchid and Molly painted the leopard in the background.




My mother gave me this incense burner - one of my prized possessions.
My favorite room. Lots of light.



<

3 comments:

ma otter said...

I just love to see what youve been up to this summer...looks great! travel and a bit of domestic creativity! Mac and Emmett have been trying to get in touch with you to tell you about the finches and the babies...this summer is speeding by...hope to see you soon...maybe at school!!! how was the move by the way?
annie

Anonymous said...

Look how beautiful all those flowers are...I love those little simple joys...

erica said...

So good to "see" you on here again! Love the flowers and especially the three vases with the incense burner...something about sameness complimented by differences... How nice to have time to play with flowers!!