Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's Still the Del Mar Fair to me




Yesterday at the fair I experimented with a new parenting technique called, "Let them eat whatever they want." Between them, they ate: a Tower of caramel apples and whipped cream, a pizza on a stick, shaved ice, polish sausage, and deep fried oreos. In between pushing the bounds of gastronomic good sense we played games and watched the pig races, and just generally moseyed around. Now if we get to the beach this week, summer will have officially begun.

3 comments:

ma otter said...

I often get a bit overwhelmed with the fair and usually hope we can skip it...hoping maybe no one will notice its that time again...but you guys made it look interesting...great to see Molly and John!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures...awww..baby piggy!
We've never gone so that's why we have escaped..though I'm sure the kids would love it ..maybe I should go! I'm definitely with you on the let them eat what they want for one day at the fair..it's not as if there are any healthy eating choices there :)

Amy said...

Nice to see you back at Blogging Morgan ! I just did a post about the fair...and I see that Molly is holding Swifty the swimming swine...I was not so sure Swifty really liked swimming ??
Fried Oreo's huh...luckily Chloe and Blake are to young to figure out that was on the menu !!